Market Mixx Blog Home

Honoring Those Who Have Served

Daniel

Nov 5th, 2014

Veterans Day

In honor of Veterans Day the Shaw’s family is proud to support the military families in our communities. From November 7th through November 13th the families of those who have served can save 10% on your shopping order* when you show your valid Military I.D (including DD214’s). See store for more details.

Shaw’s is also a proud supporter of the Believe In Heroes program. Learn more about the Wounded Warrior Project.

Military Discount

*May not be used towards the purchase of prescription products, alcohol, tobacco, fluid dairy (where prohibited by law), money orders, postage stamps, lottery tickets, wire transfer services, gift cards, pay bill services or products and services provided as convenience for our customers. Not valid toward previous purchases.

28 Responses to Honoring Those Who Have Served

1. Laurie Sabens 06/11/2014 at 1:17 pm

Thank you for the opportunity for military families to save an additional 10% on their grocery bill. This is a huge savings and I truly appreciate Shaw’s thoughtfulness in taking on this wonderful project!

2. joe 06/11/2014 at 1:22 pm

I am a Vietnam veteran but I do not have a military ID. How do I get a 10% savings?

• Customer Care 07/11/2014 at 11:59 pm

Hi Joseph. You’ll need to show a military ID in order to receive the discount. If you have a DD214 that will work as well. Thanks for reaching out. ~Shasta

3. hilary lassek 06/11/2014 at 1:40 pm

People who have served have a DD 214. Those currently serving have a valid military ID. Thereby, you state “those who have served” are ineligible.

• Customer Care 07/11/2014 at 11:55 pm

Hi Hilary. We are honoring past and present military personnel that have a military ID or a DD214. Thank you for reaching out. ~Shasta

4. James K.Roberts 06/11/2014 at 3:45 pm

Thank you so much from a retired HTCM(SW)
    Hull Technician Master Chief ( Surface Warfare). It is nice to see that there are still people that are grateful for the freedom they have in the worlds greatest country. A lot of my friends are no longer with us defending the right to be free.

5. Bill North 06/11/2014 at 4:48 pm

I am an Army veteran, currently the Commander of VFW in Laconia, NH. Do I get 10% discount with VFW ID???

• Customer Care 10/11/2014 at 2:48 pm

Hi Bill. Thank you for your service. Do you by chance have a DD214? I hope you have a great weekend! ~Shawna

6. Joan M. Gotlibson 06/11/2014 at 5:07 pm

Thank you for remembering our Veterans. Is the 10% savings valid for the spouse, who does the weekly shopping, of the Veteran ?

Joan M. Gotlibson

• Customer Care 08/11/2014 at 12:30 am

You are very welcome, Joan, and we thank you and your spouse for their service. You shouldn’t have a problem as long as you present their military ID. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! ~Shasta

7. Lin 06/11/2014 at 5:27 pm

Nice of you to honor veterans. Many stores are now doing this and it is greatly appreciated. Good for Shaws.

8. bill flynn 06/11/2014 at 6:32 pm

Do you want an ID and a DD214,or just one of these two?

• Customer Care 08/11/2014 at 12:32 am

Hello Bill. You don’t have to present both, either a Military ID or a DD214 will be just fine. Thanks for reaching out with your question and I hope you have a great weekend! ~Shasta

9. tracey borden 07/11/2014 at 1:57 am

just a thank you from a local vet

10. Clarevce Slater 07/11/2014 at 3:09 am

this is good

11. Dean 08/11/2014 at 3:21 pm

I carry a valid Veterans Administration ID card, with my picture on it,for my medical benefits.Is this a valid form of identification?

• Customer Care 21/11/2014 at 12:59 am

Hello there, Dean. A Military ID is certainly accepted as a form of Identification. However, in case you’re inquiring about the Military discount, please know that our Military discount program has ended. It ran 11/7 through 11/13. Please let us know if you have any further questions. ~Stephanie

12. charles kelly 08/11/2014 at 5:12 pm

In Massachusetts, you can have your veteran status marked on your drivers license. You need the DD214 to show the RMV. It’s hat easy.

13. Brian March 09/11/2014 at 3:28 am

The state of Maine acknowledges veterans by issuing their drivers license with a blue background and stars. Is this acceptable as a military ID?

• Customer Care 10/11/2014 at 3:57 pm

Hi Brian. That might be ok but if you have a DD214 that would ensure that you receive your discount. Thank you for your service and I hope you have a great rest of the week. ~Shasta

14. Daniel Lawrence 09/11/2014 at 6:43 am

I’ve driven down from Bingham to Waterville for some 10 years saving money at shaws and is really nice to save money and get 10% off to boot. Thankyou shaws for honoring vets.

• Customer Care 10/11/2014 at 4:12 pm

Hi Daniel. We appreciate you making the drive to see us from Bingham and thank you very much for your service. I’m happy that you’re able to save some green! ~Shasta

15. Sally 10/11/2014 at 12:51 am

I wish this would have been more advertised than at a bottom of an email or tucked into your flyer. I am a veteran and I have shopped twice at Shaw’s this weekend. Would it be possible for me to take my receipts in and receive the 10%?

• Customer Care 10/11/2014 at 7:20 pm

Hi Sally. You shouldn’t have any problem taking back your receipts to get your purchase amount adjusted, just please be sure you present your military ID or DD214. I will also have your comments about the visibility of the our military discount reviewed. I hope you have a great week and thank you for your service. ~Shasta

16. Wendy 10/11/2014 at 9:18 pm

The Shaw’s I shopped at yesterday said they are not participating in this offer. Can this be right? This is insulting- not honoring Veterans.

• Daniel Daniel 11/11/2014 at 1:36 pm

Hello Wendy – This is a mistake by the store. All stores are honoring the 10% off Veterans discount. Could you please tell me which store you shopped at? Thank you ~ Dan

17. Wendy 11/11/2014 at 11:48 pm

Franklin, MA

• Daniel Daniel 12/11/2014 at 2:00 pm

Hi Wendy, Thank you for getting back to me. I have reached out to the Franklin, MA store director and was told that the store is definitely participating in the 10% Off Military Discount. Unfortunately, there may have been some confusion at the register. If you still have your receipt and your valid Military I.D. or DD214 the store will gladly reimburse you for the discount. I apologize again for this experience. Thank you ~ Dan