Market Mixx Blog Home

Honoring Those Who Have Served

Daniel

Nov 8th, 2016

Veterans Day

In honor of Veterans Day the Shaw’s family is proud to support the military families in our communities. From November 11th through November 17th the families of those who have served can save 10% on your shopping order* when you show your valid Military I.D (including DD214’s). See store for more details.

Military Discount

*May not be used towards the purchase of prescription products, alcohol, tobacco, fluid dairy (where prohibited by law), money orders, postage stamps, lottery tickets, wire transfer services, gift cards, pay bill services or products and services provided as convenience for our customers. Not valid toward previous purchases.

38 Responses to Honoring Those Who Have Served

1. Beverly 10/11/2016 at 11:51 am

Is this valid for Vietnam Vets with a DD214

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:18 pm

Hi Beverly, Yes, DD214’s will be accepted as valid military ID’s. Thank you! ~ Dan

2. Fred F 10/11/2016 at 11:53 am

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:20 pm

Fred – We appreciate that you took the time to thank us and thank you for your service! ~ Dan

3. Bill 10/11/2016 at 12:02 pm

A nice offer. In the State of Maine a valid driver’s license for veterans may show next to DRIVER’S LICENSE an American flag as well as the word VETERAN. Several businesses, ie Lowe’s, in the State accept this as a 10% discount year ’round. A lot more convenient than pulling out a DD214.

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:22 pm

Hello Bill – Thank you for this information, and thank you for your service. We suggest showing your Maine driver’s license, but also having your DD214 on hand just in case. We will evaluate the forms of Military ID’s we accept for similar offers in the future. Thank you again ~ Dan

4. Rhonda Conway 10/11/2016 at 12:17 pm

Thank you. My husband is a 21 year veteran, have served two tours in Viet Nam.
    We appreciate the offer and will shop at Shaws.

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:23 pm

Hi Rhonda – Thank you for sharing this with us. We thank your husband for his service! ~ Dan

5. Mary Jane Clark 10/11/2016 at 12:26 pm

can the families use their legion cards as proof to get the discount?

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:24 pm

Mary Jane – We suggest bringing your legion cards, but also having your DD214 on hand just in case. We will evaluate the forms of Military ID’s we accept for similar offers in the future. Thank you again ~ Dan

6. Abe Goteiner 10/11/2016 at 12:46 pm

Have served? or are serving?

What’s a “valid Military I.D.” for a vet? VA card? DD-214?

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:32 pm

Hi Abe, this offer is for those who have served and active duty personnel. Valid Military IDs such as Active Duty, Reserve Cards, and/or DD214’s will be accepted. You may bring your VA card, however we suggest having your DD214 on hand as well. We thank you for your service! ~ Dan

7. John Cogswell 10/11/2016 at 1:09 pm

Would my Veterans Administration ID card be considered valid ID? I can provide a DD-214 if necessary, but I always have my VA ID card on me…

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:33 pm

Hi John, Valid Military IDs such as Active Duty, Reserve Cards, and/or DD214’s will be accepted. You may bring your VA card, however we suggest having your DD214 on hand as well. We thank you for your service! ~ Dan

8. Lance Nelson 10/11/2016 at 1:20 pm

is a veterans ID card acceptable

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:37 pm

Hello Lance – We suggest having your Veterans ID card, but also having your DD214 on hand just in case. We will evaluate the forms of Military ID’s we accept for similar offers in the future. Thank you for your service! ~ Dan

9. David Wortheim 10/11/2016 at 1:22 pm

Can we show a valid drivers license with “Veteran” on it?

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 1:36 pm

Hello David – We suggest showing your driver’s license with “Veteran” listed, but also having your DD214 on hand just in case. We will evaluate the forms of Military ID’s we accept for similar offers in the future. Thank you for your service! ~ Dan

10. Peter Gray 10/11/2016 at 2:30 pm

You didn’t mention the retired military ID, but I am sure it is acceptable.

• Daniel Daniel 10/11/2016 at 2:39 pm

Hi Peter, yes, retired military ID’s will be accepted. Thank you for your service! ~ Dan

11. Doreen DeSoto 10/11/2016 at 3:57 pm

Way to go Shaw’s. Thank you for honoring our military. They gave so much for us; my husband included!

12. Jackie 10/11/2016 at 8:25 pm

It’s wonderful to see more businesses honoring our vets & their families. I’m the wife of a 32 year US Coast Guard vet & it really feels good when others remember us all. 🙂
    Thank you so much & God Bless you all.

13. Jacqui Morse 10/11/2016 at 8:32 pm

My husband is an 82 year old disabled veteran and doesn’t generally come with me to the store. Can I bring in his military ID without him having to be with it?

• Daniel Daniel 11/11/2016 at 1:52 am

Hi Jacqui, Yes, spouses may receive the discount, by bringing in a valid Military ID. We suggest bringing a DD214, if possible. We thank your husband for his service. Thank you ~ Dan

14. harriet 10/11/2016 at 11:20 pm

I have a military identification card connected to my husband. Will that be honored?

• Daniel Daniel 11/11/2016 at 1:54 am

Hi Harriet – Yes, spouses will receive the Veterans discount. Thank you ~ Dan

15. theresa 11/11/2016 at 11:05 am

I’m a surviving spouse receiving benefits. I have no id but an award letter. Do I qualify>

• Customer Support 15/11/2016 at 2:07 am

Hi, Theresa! We’d recommend also providing your ID, but this would qualify. -Julio

16. Wayne 11/11/2016 at 1:50 pm

Thank you very much for this offer.

17. wayne 11/11/2016 at 1:52 pm

Tanks again for this offer.

18. Josh Lehman 11/11/2016 at 5:20 pm

Hello Shaw’s – Thank you for making this Veterans’ Day savings program available. The money matters but more important is the recognition of those who served our country

19. Wendy 11/11/2016 at 9:55 pm

Thank you for extending this offer to spouses of military as my husband does not accompany me grocery shopping. He has 6yrs active duty, deployed in the Gulf War and Operation Enduring Freedom. Currently he is a reservist in the US Navy 9 yrs. I served in the US Public Health Service as a LT Commander for 7 yrs.

20. Bob Hackett 16/11/2016 at 3:35 pm

Hi Daniel,
    For the second year in a row,
    Williston Vermont Shaws does not except
    dd214.
    I also posted to you contact page.
    Bob Hackett

• Customer Support 22/11/2016 at 8:49 pm

Bob, this is a mistake and we would like to contact you directly. Could you please contact us at ShawsHelpers@Shaws.com with a phone number that we can reach you at? Thank you – Rebecca

21. ssek 31/12/2016 at 11:07 pm

star market waltham ma is not honoring my 80 stamps I collected over 8 weeks, they say they do not have 8″ skillet.

• Customer Support 03/01/2017 at 7:44 pm

Ssek, our apologies for the inconvenience. If you are unable to redeem your stamps due to lack of stock, we welcome you to email us at Albertsons.Social.Media@safeway.com with your full name, phone number, shipping address, and the cookware item you’re looking for and we will work to provide you with the item. Thank you -Julio

22. Terri Schlotterbeck 11/02/2017 at 2:55 am

Can this be used more than once? I went to the pharmacy at SHaws Lewiston, Maine to get my coupon and they asked if I had used the 10% before. I did use it once at another Shaw’s. They said I could only use it once and would not give me a coupon. I had over $220 in groceried in my cart. It would have come in handy. Please let me know if this is accurate or not. Thank you.

• Customer Support 14/02/2017 at 3:56 pm

Hi Terri, thank you for your question. This Veteran’s Day promotion has expired and is no longer being offered. -Felicia