Chili & Cornbread Shepherd's Pie
Exceptionally delicious and cozy, this chili & cornbread shepherd's pie is the perfect recipe for any dinner!
Total cook time
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1-16 ounce O Organics® Medium Salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package prepared cornbread mix, about 6.5 ounces (makes 6 muffins) prepared according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Season with salt, stirring to break up beef into bite-sized pieces. Once browned, add cumin and chili powder. Stir for one minute.
Add beans, tomatoes and salsa. Heat until bubbly. Remove from heat and top with cheddar cheese and cornbread mix.
Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cornbread comes out clean. Remove from oven and serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.