Grill Mates® Black N' Blue Grilled Steak Salad
Piled high with McCormick® Grill Mates Smoky Montreal-seasoned sirloin, Black ‘N Blue Grilled Steak Salad brings bold flavor to the dinner table. Top with irresistible Texas toast croutons and homemade blue cheese dressing. Grab a giant fork and dig in.
Total cook time
- 2 slices Texas toast style white bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon French's Classic Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 8 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
For the croutons, cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with seasoning and garlic. Arrange cubes in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, for the Blue Cheese Dressing, place all ingredients, except crumbled blue cheese, into blender container or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add half of the crumbled blue cheese and pulse until smooth. Transfer dressing to a small bowl and gently stir in remaining crumbled blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sprinkle both sides of steak with Seasoning and massage into meat. Grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Let steak stand 5 minutes before cutting across the grain into thin slices.
Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter, topping with steak, red onion, avocado, tomatoes, croutons and remaining crumbled blue cheese. Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.