Lemon and Artichoke Baked Cod
You only need one pan for this delicious seafood dish! Punch up the savory fish with lemon, artichoke hearts, garlic and basil—these fresh and earthy flavors complement the cod beautifully.
Total cook time
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts (coarsely chopped)
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper (divided)
Preheat oven to 400º. Place cod on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, combine panko, parmesan, garlic, artichoke hearts, lemon, basil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Top cod with crumb mixture. Bake about 23 to 27 minutes until cod is opaque.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.