Old Fashioned Green Beans & Bacon
This traditional holiday favorite is tastier than ever, made with O Organics® Green Beans, Dijon Mustard, and Open Nature® Bacon!
Total cook time
- 8 pieces Open Nature® Uncured Bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons packed Signature SELECT™ Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon O Organics® Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 ounces O Organics® Green Beans
In a large sauté pan, cook bacon over medium heat until all the fat is rendered and pieces are crisp. Stir to combine bacon with water, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add green beans, tossing beans in sauce to coat. Cover and cook until al dente, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 3 :: Helpful Hints
Frozen green beans can be substituted for the fresh. Just heat through until hot.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.