Topped with lean meats, these three pizza options are packed with protein. Try the Cheesy Cauliflower Crust for a lower carbohydrate veggie crust!
- 2 Tbs barbecue sauce
- 2.5-4 ounces grilled or rotisserie chicken (from deli) (chopped (about 1/2-1 cup))
- 2 Tbs Thai Peanut Curry Sauce
- 2.5-4 oz. roasted turkey breast (from deli) (chopped (about 1/2-1 cup))
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated part-skim mozzarella
- 1 green onion (white and part green)
1 recipe of Cheesy Cauliflower Crust
- 20 oz. riced or chopped cauliflower ((fresh or frozen), about 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence can be substituted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup egg white (1 large egg can be substituted)
- 1 cup part-skim shredded or grated mozzarella
- (or) 2-3 Naan Bread (whole wheat Signature Kitchens®)
- (or) 2-3 whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto sauce
- 2.5-4 oz. roast beef (from deli) (chopped (about 1/2-1 cup))
- 1 green onion (chopped (white and part green))
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a non-stick baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat 2, 10-inch wide areas with cooking spray.
If using cauliflower florets, pulse in a food processor until a cauliflower “rice” forms. Place rice or chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe dish, cover and microwave until soft (about 3 minutes). Let cool for a few minutes, then pour cauliflower into a clean, dry kitchen towel (double thickness works well with thinner towels). Wrap it up and, over the sink, wring out as much moisture as possible.
In a large bowl, using a scraper, blend cauliflower with Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, egg or egg white and mozzarella. Divide the mixture in two and press each half onto the prepared 10-inch areas.
Bake until golden (about 20 minutes).
Top each of your chosen crusts with about 2 tablespoons of sauce, lean meat of choice, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and chopped green onion
Bake about 10 minutes, or until topping is golden and bubbling. Cut into slices and enjoy!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.