Caprese Lover's Grilled Cheese
Full of fresh ingredients and zesty flavor, this grilled cheese is sure to be a fan favorite.
Total cook time
- 1 teaspoon O Organics® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 slices 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread
- 1 to 2 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices vine ripened tomato
- 1 bottle balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar can be substituted)
- 5 large leaves fresh basil
Begin heating a nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Brush the tops of both slices of whole grain bread with the olive oil using a silicone brush or similar. Set one of the slices oil side down on the nonstick skillet. Lay mozzarella on top of the bread slice.
While the underside is crisping up, lay the tomato slices over the top of the cheese slice(s) and drizzle the balsamic glaze evenly over the tomato slices. Layer the fresh basil leaves evenly over the top then top with the second slice of bread, oil side up.
When the underside is golden and crisp, flip the sandwich over to brown the other side (about 2 minutes more). Enjoy!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.