Quick Spinach Italiano
We make dark, leafy greens delicious! It’s super simple to whip up our healthy Quick Spinach Italiano. Cook down fresh baby spinach with minced garlic and add salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese for a nutritious side that pairs with any entrée.
Total cook time
- 2 teaspoons O Organics® extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (available in jars in the produce section)
- 1 pound O Organics®fresh baby spinach (available in large clamshells in the produce section)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste (salt to taste optional)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan shavings or shredded Parmesan
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds.
Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring frequently, for a few minutes, or until softened and cooked down but still bright green. Add pepper to taste and salt if desired, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.