Gluten-Free Mac ‘N Cheese
Indulge in macaroni and cheese but hold the gluten! Try this creamy, delicious recipe, featuring our exclusive Signature SELECT® Gluten Free Elbow Macaroni and more.
Total cook time
- 1 (12-ounce) box Signature SELECT™ Gluten Free Elbow Macaroni
- 2 tablespoons O Organics® Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon O Organics® garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon O Organics® paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon O Organics® ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 ounces O Organics® Finely-Shredded Mozzarella
- 5 ounces O Organics® White Medium cheddar, grated
- 1 ounce of shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 (2.12 ounce) bag Open Nature® Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary, plus extra for garnish
Preheat oven to 350ºF (325ºF for convection ovens).
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Stir in Signature Select Gluten Free Elbow Macaroni. Cook for 3½ minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and set aside (pasta will not be fully cooked through and will continue cooking in sauce).
Melt O Organics Ghee in a large high-walled saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. Stir and let sizzle for 1 minute.
Whisk cornstarch into whole milk and then add mixture to the pan. Add Dijon mustard. Whisk well, increase heat slightly, and bring sauce to a simmer. Once simmering, add in the cheeses, one at a time, stirring and letting melt between each addition.
Once the sauce is smooth, fold in partially cooked macaroni. Pour into a baking dish (mixture will seem too liquid-y at this stage). Bake for 10 minutes.
Open bag of Open Nature Parmesan Cheese Crisps. Lay on a flat surface and use the palm of your hand to crush crisps into small pieces. Transfer to a bowl and mix with minced rosemary.
Remove dish from oven and sprinkle evenly with crispy topping. Put back in oven and bake for another 7–8 minutes or until bubbling.
Let cool for 5–10 minutes, sprinkle with a little extra rosemary and serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.