Growing Sumo Citrus
Sumo Citrus is raised by growing experts in California’s Central Valley. Only these passionate growers know what it takes to handle the exceptionally delicate Sumo Citrus.
Sumo Citrus is the world’s most pampered fruit
- Nearly all North American Sumo Citrus is grown in a 60-mile area in California’s Central Valley
- Trees are hand-pruned for more sunlight
- Ripened on the tree
- Each fruit is hand-picked
- Harvested in small totes instead of big bins
- Floated into the line to prevent bruising
- Hand-packed into each crate
- Transported in air ride Trailers
Did You Know?
- Sumo Citrus are a unique hybrid derived from Satsuma, Orange, and Mandarin, Sumo Citrus is named a “dekopon” for its distinctive Top Knot.
- Sumo Citrus has a very limited season – from January through April. It’s limited availability makes it a highly sought after fruit.
- To ensure every bite is super-sweet, Sumo Citrus’ sweetness is measured by the “BRIX scale”, which measures the sugar content. A Sumo Citrus will range between 14-18 brix!